1. Cuba - I recently saw an essay that described a port in Cuba as an environmental horror show, but the media skipped over how Castro's regime made it so. The recent trip Obama made to Cuba was met wit a lot of silence and glossing over communism's failures on that island.
2. Venezuela - As I wrote on Sunday, this is socialism/communism failing in real time. All the bills are coming due. This is also a nation that has seen its white population flee and hit a 40% line, so if you want a preview for the 2050s for America, here it is.
3. Brazil - Forever portrayed as sexy yet what else have they got? Always America's glorious beige future but goddamn, what a failure that has horrible educational attainment and rides the commodity booms and busts still. Brazil should avoid a hyperinflation but they have become so pozzed that a military coup and junta rule is now out of the question.
1. Zimbabwe - Our sphere has covered the collapse from Rhodesia to Zimbabwe in one generation. Nice going progs. International community really murdered a nation there.
2. South Africa - Same as Zimbabwe but even worse because South Africa started from a higher level and has far greater natural resources. This is also an example of the Western world focusing all its hate in one direction and then walking away the moment mission accomplished was shown on the screen.
3. Haiti - You will only hear about Haiti after a natural disaster.
3a. The Dominican Republic - You will never hear about the Dominican Republic because it shares an island with Haiti and any news that is not voodoo child eating would make it look phenomenal versus Haiti, forcing some people to ask why.
1. Decolonization is covered pretty well by David Lamb in his book "The Africans". Read up on any of those nations for the horrors they inflicted on their fellow citizens once colonial rule ended. Even borderline success stories are awful. I recently shared a plane ride with a physician who spent 4 months in Kenya. He was retired and does the doctors without borders thing. His opinion of Kenya's government was "string them up and bring back colonial rule". Mild mannered midwestern doctor said that.
2. Democratic Republic of Congo - Radish has a spectacular long, sourced section on the Congo. They have had millions dead from their bizarre mining practices (for your Iphone materials) and civil war. I'd add in a rape rate that would trigger any woman, feminist or not. It was not always so, but alas, the International Community forced it.
1. Switzerland - Just a nation of gun owners with a low crime rate. Nothing to see here.
2. Japan - Talk of low fertility makes it to American news broadcasts but never how they are dealing with a greying population (robots) or why there are no babies. Japan gets the "ha-ha" on their economy for the lost decades, but everyone I know who goes there comes back raving about the place. Maybe there is something to incredibly strict immigration laws.
3. Chile - Pinochet was bad. Pinochet may have killed 10,000. Pinochet was a fascist!!!! Pay not attention to Chile's growth and success compared to the rest of the continent since Pinochet took control in the '70s.
Incredibly Important Due To Immigration
1. Mexico - Is it a rising state? Is it a failed state? Should we worry that cartels control the nation? Should we worry about their habits and customs? This might be important because we already have 40 million of them living in America.
There are probably others Foreign nations can only be discussed when an event happens that can be used to the Left's advantage in America. This is amplified by the closing down of foreign offices. As the media has lost revenue, they have cut foreign offices. Where do we get our information on foreign countries from? Charlatans like Ben Rhodes.
If you know of any good examples of nations that will not be named, please put them in the comments.