Look at the Russian Hacking insanity. Walk through the steps of this story, but start at the appropriate time, not November.
1. Trump and Putin have a bromance. The media plays this up as bad. It's a talking point straight from DNC emails that leaked. Hey wait, how the hell did these emails get out?
2. Podesta had his emails leak and they were published by Wikileaks, which has an association >denied by Wikileaks< with Russia.
3. Russians hacked Podesta's emails!
4. Clinton lost.
5. Russia hacked the election, even the CIA says so! >no proof<
6. Russia hacked the votes! >no proof<
7. Sanctions, diplomat expulsion and "retaliation".
Because the media is a hive mind, there is no one pushing back on this. The ones pushing back are small timers and outsiders. Who on a major news outlet is saying, "This is bullshit". What oped writer will push back? This is wretched. Even the nominal right falls into the framework here and will not call out the hysteria. The best refutation of this hysteria was Andrea O'Sullivan's essay in Reason.
This also lays the groundwork for the Establishment to attempt to prevent any kind of friendship or detente with Russia in a Trump administration. With this Muh Russian Hacking story, it makes any move to align with Russia look like Trump paying off the favor Russia performed. It becomes treasonous and a quid pro quo... which would be the meme pushed nonstop by the same media hive mind in place today.
The media must be destroyed.
I'd neglect my duties if I did not tip the hat to Spandrell for his Gnon Theology post from Tuesday. Great work, probably his best in a long time, and great tone.
Last week I wrote a little Christmas themed essay. Stop playing the martyr Christians and stiffen those spines. We have many friends adrift in the secular sea; guide them home. Weimerica Weekly was a year in review. The Current Year deserved one.
Next week I am writing about how Somalians came to America. How the hell did these African Muslims from the Horn of Africa get to Minnesota and Maine?