Blog.Jim receives plenty of flak from different crowds. He recently wrote a fantastic post on the tricky modern issue of rape in the West. Please read it as it moves beyond the subject and into deeper issues of male and female relationships, abdication of duty and the dysfunction in the marital markets today. There are many great points in his post, and he wonderfully uses the "Yes, Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus" old timey oped.
I do have some points on this rape issue because things have moved completely bonkers on campus, which means it will be completely bonkers everywhere within a decade. Some of this is feedback from ADAs I know that prosecute and look at "regret victims" with disbelief compared to stranger rape victims.
1. If we will continue to allow the regret crowd to destroy any man they regret sleeping with, we need to turn rape into a crime classification that has multiple levels like murder. This crushes prosecutors as they know juries are going to think twice before convicting a guy and sentencing him to 25 years for rape in a he said/she said. The cold reality is that women want to hear from another person, preferably a woman with some type of authority that she is "not a slut for what she did".
2. A crisis hotline worker in a +1 mil metro area with a giant public university explained to me that there was rape-rape with 90% of hospitalized victims being city blacks and hookers and then 10% non-black/hooker and then the phone call "regret-rape" crowd that was 90% white drunk girls and 10% non-white. Those phone call college girls could barely remember what happened and just wanted someone to listen and say "you're not a slut".
3. There is legitimate anger at violent stranger rape not resulting in 25 year sentences because the witness would not testify or whatnot. This results in DAs pleaing things down to criminal confinement and sexual battery, which then means 4-6 years for a sentence. In a more reasonable time, those men would be dead. We cannot be reasonable because to do so would disparately impact a progressive voting coalition member bloc.
4. Sorry ladies, you wanted liberation but don't want to deal with the consequences nor can handle the freedom. The rest of us now have to reconfigure society around this because the people at the levers of control want this to continue. A patriarchal system will return, and the only question is if it is under European/American white stewardship or Islam.
5. Jim is right that if this happened all of the time that the Jackie Coakleys they would spotlight as the poster girl would not blow up. There is truth to this. There is also truth that Sabrina Erdely avoided every single campus rape that involved a privileged, protected athlete because Erdely was looking for a Haven Monahan. She needed the Narrative. No media person can publish the MPC saying, "Around blacks, never relax" but some freshman away from home could probably use the lesson.
We all know campus rape 1 in 5 stat is horseshit, but we do not control the levers of power or the megaphone. In four years of college, I heard of one rape and I am 99% certain it is the only one remotely close to my social circle because the speed and distance the story travelled. Two other women resisted drunken advances, but no other rapes. It was not a culture of silence because the moment one did happen, everyone found out within a week because the community was rabid and ready to kill.
6. When the antibiotics run out, this should change as well. The 2020s will be interesting.
Please read Jim's post and offer your condolences as well.