This has been discussed elsewhere, and even now, there are little hints of it. The switcheroo is for the Feds to indict Hillary Clinton after the convention and replace her with a Biden/Warren ticket for a sprint in November. Dems run a candidate without the Clinton stink and win, securing the presidency for four years. Why would they do this?
1. The Democrats truly want to go full Sanders, but the Establishment needs to boil the frog slowly.
2. Clinton is a terrible candidate, but Establishment vetted and not as scary. Perfect for frog boiling.
3. Trump is the only person who will run against her and throw every punch at the sleazeball, Clinton marriage of convenience.
4. The Democrat Establishment knows perfectly well what it gets from a Bush-Cruz-Rubio administration, but not so much from a Trump administration that also has a cult of personality and can manipulate the media.
The tells that this is coming have nothing to do with Clinton's crimes. Everyone in America now knows that she did far worse for law breaking than General Petraeus. Everyone in America who has watched the news, even in the twisted portrayal of the regime media, knows that she did something wrong. America knows it is getting a crook in the Oval Office before they swear the oath.
The only way that they will drop the hammer on her is if she starts performing poorly in reliable state polls in swing states and non-swing states that are becoming swing. Right now, early polls have her neck and neck with Trump in swing states and even Pennsylvania. State polls will come into focus and the models will be worked out. Vice President selections will be made, and she is most likely going to pick Julian Castro, but don't rule out Cory Booker. If she felt super confident, she would select Senator Tim Kaine. Watch the VP pick.
Say Clinton picks Castro or even Booker for VP. She gets to the convention and wins the nomination. She will pay lip service to the Sanders crowd, but post convention polls will shake out. Before America gets to the debates, the switch must be made. After the conventions, the first polls of August will set the stage. If she is struggling in state polls in Ohio, Florida, Penn and Michigan, the switcheroo can be set into motion. August is a no news month. perfect timing.
1. The Feds indict Clinton.This would work. How many people vote party? How many people don't pay attention until a month or two from election day? The sprint race would give the Democrats the edge for opposition research, and would allow the media more control. One problem is that Biden would own all of Obama's failed policies and the legacy of the economy and foreign policy situations as of fall 2016. Phil Kerpen on twitter named this #FBIden. Keep your eye on the polls, and expand your expectations for what is possible.
2. Clinton says she will step down from the nomination.
3. The Democrat leadership installs Joe Biden as the presidential nominee and Elizabeth Warren as the VP nominee.
4. Clinton does this because Biden will offer her a sweetheart deal and/or pardon once he is president.
4a. GOPe writes paeans to "good American" Joe Biden as a safe selection who is not a kooky socialist and not evil corrupt Clinton.
5. Democrats win and "Warren Court 2.0" gets going.