Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Social Matter Weimerica Weekly Hamilton The Musical

The new Weimerica Weekly is up at Social Matter. This week's episode is about the Broadway musical smash Hamilton. Why is it a success? What does it reveal? Is this all a 3rd grade social studies project?

You can hear all of that, but allow me to mention something peculiar about the show. The lead, Lin Manual-Miranda, is actually the weakest vocal and dance talent in the show. One has to wonder if he pulled a Stallone and secured the lead for himself because he knew it would be a success, therefore launching his career.

After listening to the songs, I fully expected a rip off of Snoop Dogg with the line, "He is I, I is him, slim with the tri-point brim, what's my mutherfuckin name?" Alexander Hammmmmmmiltonnnnn.

No comments: