Friday, February 19, 2016

Alternatives to Twitter + SM Review-Preview 34

When Twitter implodes, where will we go to? I have seen some alternatives mentioned. One is "Minds.com". It has encrypted direct messaging. It seems to work like Twitter. Another is "Gnu Social". That one seems a bit more channel specific, and if your channel gets wiped out, so does your account, so you'd have to create multiple accounts. Can the guys working on alternatives please speed it up?

-------------------------------------------

Last week at Social Matter I wrote on the process of cosbying a man. This is not just the process applied to Bill Cosby or James Deen. This is making its way into other realms, and the music industry is seeing it cause executives to be fired. It is ridiculous.

Weimerica Weekly this week was my conversation with Kevin MacDonald. Yes, this is an interview but Kevin and I went back and forth quite a bit, so as one commenter noted, I spoke at length at times. It was a full hour of information. I hope you enjoy it.

This week, I will write on how modernity destroyed the mosaic of the Middle East. I have written before how Japan's atrocious birthrate might be an inability to handle modernity, and have written how women are popping pills to deal with the modern world. The Muslims might just be reacting in a violent manner because that is their knee jerk reaction. It will be up Sunday.

6 comments:

Laguna Beach Fogey said...

I wouldn't mind providing some capital for such a project.

Callowman said...

Your interviews with Luke Ford and Kevin McDonald were great. A minor technical point: it would be easier on the brain if you could process the audio in stereo rather than placing each speaker in a separate ear.

Anonymous said...

that tease paragraph sounds really really interesting. Cant wait.

John said...

Apparently part of the Gnu platform is a Twitter clone called FreezePeach.

https://freezepeach.xyz/main/all

Supposedly they are dedicated to total free speech according to the creators. I haven't tried it yet, so don't know if those claims are true.

Son of Brock Landers said...

John

I signed onto both places. 28Sherman at both minds and freezepeach

Anonymous said...

I'm now on Minds.com. Just waiting for your signal..