Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Social Matter - Weimerica Weekly Episode 4

Episode 4 is up of Weimerica Weekly at Social Matter. Go listen to it there if interested. I even have a sponsor now.

This episode focuses on the media finally catching onto the Weimar state of things. I cut this before the NY Times oped that was titled "Trump's Weimar America", which was close but totally oblivious to our social cesspool. The media of course will never accept responsibility for this. I discuss the new Social Matter Forum and my favorite thread there. I end up answering my sponsor's question about political engagement. I end with some discussion of potential post-USG fault lines.

Still clocking in at roughly 30 minutes. I do not want to waste anyone's precious time. I hope you enjoy it. Go listen to it there!

4 comments:

Suburban_elk said...

Hey tough guy - i have enjoyed the show. But without a sidebar and unmoderated comments? forget it.

Son of Brock Landers said...

Elk - what is a sidebar? The comments are moderated by Social Matter i have no control over it. Just listen each week and take it easy. You can comment here all you want.

Anonymous said...

SoBL, have you seen this new book called the Weimar Century?

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10368.html

It's making the rounds in reviews at the moment in various journals.

I haven't read it yet, but it seems to make the claim that a few weimar-era ideologues (the vast majority being Jewish) managed to influence America and the West post WW2.

So the weimerica thesis has further ties to the actual weimar.

Suburban_elk said...

A comment sidebar is where the most recent comments are listed. A lot of comments are driven by vanity, and they want to be read.

And as long as i am playing the critic, watch out for vocal fry. In my own experience with same - it can be avoided when it is noticed - there are some conscious adjustments to speaking that eliminate it, ... along with water.