Monday, December 14, 2015

Best Thing I Read In 2015

Once again, the men of Social matter deliver on the best of 2015. Last year, I considered the Gentrification = War article the best thing I read in 2014. I found this year's way back in January. I knew then it would be hard to top, and in my opnion, no one did. This year the "best thing I read" honor goes to Reed Perry's "The Tyranny of Suffrage". Please read it if you have not done so. It is a long read but worth the time and effort.

I loved everything about this piece. It's tone, the fun bits, and then the steady, unrelenting waves of truth that keep coming. The rock of bullshit progressive ideology will be worn down by steady waves of reality. It is such a well paced piece. I kept Perry's piece in mind when I wrote on Erick Erickson and cucks purging people. It wasn't close to his, but I tried to employ his balance of reason and emotion at my fingertips. You want to learn to write well? Read it. You want to learn how to move people? Read it. You want to educate, entertain, and make others aspire to something greater than mere polemics and partisan shlock? Read it. In our sphere, there are many pieces about the danger or stupidity of allowing women to vote. If you want to read the best one that touches on the history and tragedy of allowing women the vote, read it.

Reed Perry's essay reads like poetry at times, and it is an essay I have shared with others. In an age awash in phony male privilege arguments, it parts that sea like Moses. There are too many good paragraphs to cite any specific one. I am not going to cut and paste an excerpt. Please read it there. This was the absolute best thing I read in all of 2015, and I had to wait nearly 12 months to share it here. Reed Perry is not on twitter anymore, but if you look for him on the Social Matter Forum, you can find him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe women in combat roles is more than social engineering? Maybe not, but they will no doubt die at a higher rate than their male counterparts. Interesting read, and thank you for pointing it out.

Anonymous said...

I never gave too much tought to Feminism but the "manosphere" seems to be obsessed with, my impression is that most women don't really care about feminism.

Anonymous said...

Great choice. A wonderful essay. To me, it's a bit of the "red pill" experience, which I first experienced regarding race when I stumbled upon Derbyshire and Sailer. Although I've been aware of the manosphere, it never piqued my interest. This essay, like Sailer's early essays at Vdare.com, makes me question even the basic assumptions of modern feminism, the feminism which is in the air we breathe, with casual assertions made that the lack of female CEOs is because of a glass ceiling, when many millions of men never become CEOs. Arlington cemetery, one could say, has a glass ceiling too.