Oh no! Obama has got a gun grab set up anytime now. It's not happening. He isn't going to take your guns. Some lefty will, if we stay on our current trend lines long enough. The left just needs to wait. Some of this depends on immigration reform, because if that screwjob passes, it will be earlier, but this could all legally happen by the mid-2020s. It won't be a grab exactly, but it will make gun ownership nearly impossible. It will all be legal, approved, and the 'citizens' will be crying for it.
1. The Dems keep a lock on the presidency due to the idiocracy they manipulate.
2. The Dems secure the governorships of Ohio, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania in 2018.
3. After the 2020 election with the presidency secured, the 2020 census allows for Congressional redistricting. With the governorships (and state legislatures) of WI, OH and PA, the Dems redistrict those three states, making the GOP's chances in the House next to impossible.
4. At some point between now and 2022, Scalia and/or Kennedy have either died or retired and been replaced by a trusty liberal appointed by the Dem POTUS and approved by the Senate.
5. Let the media spotlight some tragic shooting (there always is one), and then the political leaders of America set up restrictive gun laws. Knowing how lefties work, even if there is an outcry against legislation, they will just pass something like the 100% gun and ammo tax law, making it too expensive to own guns and keeping a registry for all gun owners even if they can buy one. Regardless of public outcry (if there is one then or if it is reported), they are passed by the House, Senate and signed by the POTUS.
6. A legal challenge will be mounted and appealed up to the Supreme Court. The solidly liberal Supreme Court will nonsensically rule 5-4 (or worse) that the new laws do not 'infringe'. The laws just track owners and charge high taxes, which is a perfectly legal right of the federal government. Too bad, so sad, gun owners.
2nd Amendment wording - "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
If the Supreme Court, whether the corporatist right or the progressive left, can fit any federal power into a form of legality with things such as illegitimacy and the 14th amendment, what makes you think the progressives won't be drooling over the opportunity to go after guns despite the clear wording of the 2nd amendment?