Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Quick Review Park Avenue: Money, Power and the American Dream

Want to watch a 70 minute propaganda film produced in 2012 saying big money funds the GOP to screw everyone so get out and vote against Scott Walker in his recall election and vote against Romney/Ryan? I didn't think so, but "Park Avenue: Money, Power, and the American Dream" is just that. It is intellectually dishonest, misleading and a smearing portrait of anyone funding the right. The film even had Jane Mayer, who wrote about George Soros using millions to fund progressive causes, but never once mentioned Soros. Haven't recent voting patterns revealed the left lean of the uber wealthy? I tip my hat to the cathedral. Job well done to minimize your big biz funding and to portray campaign funding as one sided.

My wife and I expected this to be about the street itself, architectural facts about the street and buildings, and how billionaires live on it like a castle-playground. Nope. Pure propaganda with good production values. Don't waste your time.

2 comments:

klejdys said...

Could it be that both parties are funded by the cathedral, so a left-wing expose is only showing the half it wants you to see?

I haven't see the flick, just wondering.

Son of Brock Landers said...

Yes, shit that was my point. They are hiding their side's big biz funding. I should be clearer.