Saturday, April 20, 2013

SWPLs Will Do the Media's Post-Bombing Job

Don't worry about the media shaming you from even daring to mention that the bombers were Muslim. They won't need to because your friendly, social media SWPLs will do it for them. In less than 24 hours, a man who lived on the frickin' street where the shootout in Watertown happened already played the 'don't hate on Muslims' card. I like my friend. He and I are very similar in personality, except I am the driven one, but for the love of God, pull your head out of your ass.

You, SWPL, are so enlightened for not hating on Islam. You are also so funny mocking the fear people may have. God forbid they have a fear or uneasy feeling towards a group that has a pretty good track record for terrorism, stoning gays, honor killing rape victims, destroying other religions' scared monuments + libraries, etc. I know Christianity would be mocked by this person for even sniffing in the direction of any of that violence, but hell no, we can't even voice any displeasure with the horrible product of our federal government's immigration and judicial system. I'm sure this moral righteousness would apply to all groups that all future bombers will belong to.

Often, I wonder how I ever became friends with these people.

3 comments:

PRCD said...

FB is an interesting place. I recently got into it with a HS kid who posted the equal bars on his page.

I asked him why he wanted gay marriage, etc, etc. I proceeded to make a natural law argument against it while he and others called me a fool, told me to go do something productive, and told me to spend more time with my children.

It's pretty hard to vest yourself much in a civilization - for lack of a better term - that is so foreign. This must be how the 1st century church felt amongst the Romans. Already, we communicate in codes like the early Christians.

Anyways, I tried to be respectful and educational during the entire 'conversation' but people aren't even literate nowadays. The high schooler was trying to argue in broken texting language and the others were piling on with passive-aggressive 'likes' and insults.

Since you have the same experiences, it's apparent to me that the long pole in the tent of American economic decline is the American himself.

Son of Brock Landers said...

"It's pretty hard to vest yourself much in a civilization - for lack of a better term - that is so foreign. This must be how the 1st century church felt amongst the Romans. Already, we communicate in codes like the early Christians."

- Fantastic bit there. It's not just that it seems foreign but that we have to be secretive when what we believed was the common way as recently as 50 years ago.

Ted said...

Somewhat related: Posted something on twitter about how pit bulls are dangerous. Rabid SWPL attack, passive aggressive insults, personal insults from a mob of (what i thought to be) mature professionals.

dogs=people apparently, and any mention of breeds being not equal in any way is akin to be a dog racist.