If Obama loses, Hollywood will come out with a nice TV show about a lovable liberal who tried hard but couldn't beat the onslaught of the republican right. It will spotlight someone, actual historical politician or fake ideal like "West Wing", who represents all of the righteous elements of the Democrat party. This person will also be in the mold of the enlightened centrist a la Kennedy whom we all know could never rise to the Democrat nomination today.
1. Lead will be white male, another fantasy of modern DNC.
2. Period piece so cast can be mostly white to hide what the DNC is today. Best prediction is either a late '90s true liberal to contrast with Clinton that gets voted out during early Bush years, a good late '70s liberal who faded away as Reagan came in, or a peace late '60s/early '70s liberal who railed against 'Nam and Nixon.
3. This will be an AMC or HBO series. It is not meant to be a big ratings show. In fact, if it were network, it wouldn't get good ratings due to the death of dramas on network TV. It needs the protection of low ratings expectations but potential for critical acclaim. This needs to be the new Mad Men or Breaking Bad, which are both ending soon.
4. This will win at least one Emmy in its premiere season.
5. This will be a gentle propaganda tool. Policy and issue propaganda to contrast to anythign Romney/Ryan will try. Not overt, but small touches like when Henry Francis said on Mad Men this past season that he wouldn't have Mayor Lindsay meet with Romney since he was a 'clown'. If you pay attention to when Henry Francis said this in 1967, this was when George Romney was the frontrunner for the GOP nomination. George Romney had not said his famous brainwashing joke, which the media used to portray him as an idiot and Nixon pounced on to destroy him. The only reason Henry Francis would say that would be if writer Matt Weiner wanted his SWPL fans to hear a character call someone named "Romney" a clown on TV.
This will happen if Obama loses. If he wins, I'd put odds on it at 20-1. This will happen.
I may have some inside information.