Thursday, June 10, 2010

Music from Great Depression 2

Big Band Jazz and Swing was jumpin' in the Great Depression. The Late 60s and early 70s saw political and economic strife and spawned plenty of great music. I still contend that grunge and the public enemy/nwa change in rap was recession related. I'm just going to sit back and wait for the good stuff to start showing up.

It might just be that musicians and music cannot get as big as in previous eras. Is there an artist or album, let alone 2, that could pop like Michael Jackson did with Thriller... in the same year Springsteen released Born in the USA? I doubt it. I'm going to punch the next person who says Coldplay = U2 20 years ago. No f-ing way. Coldplay is more like an electronic, smart Bread. Download some of Bread's greatest hits and you will hear Coldplay. I'm waiting world of music.

No comments: