Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Princess Bride

"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, it would be a pity to damage yours."
How does anyone fail to fall in love with this film at first view? Andre the Giant as a poetic, giant wrestler. The revenge storyline of Inigo Montoya with that great introduction "hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die". The duel between Inigo and the Dread Pirate Roberts with the break in between. "why are you smiling?" "I know something you do not know." "oh what is that" "I am not left handed" Loved it. The filming locations are fantastic, and the sets they built had a bit of old timey swashbuckling campiness to them. Screaming Eels. "Anybody want a peanut?" Poisoning both drinks. A magician who loves MLTs, especially when they cut it lean. A 6 fingered man that is evil. A dipshit prince played to perfection. "To the death!" "No, to the pain!" " I'm not sure I'm familiar with that one" Columbo playing Kevin Arnold's grampa.
"Have fun stormin' the castle"

No comments: