Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Swaze

Right after news of his death, I remarked how Patrick Swayze was both an icon for macho movies and chick flicks. Few actors have ever pulled off as tough a guy as Dalton, the bad ass mulleted bouncer in Roadhouse, or the sensitive, loving non-mulleted ghost in Ghost. He could wear a mullet and not weara mullet. It did not matter. Cracked agrees. He was underappreciated as he wasn't a heavy hitter like Tom Hanks but he delivered the goods. As a dance instructor, bouncer, Civil War soldier or self help guru, he pulled off the role.

Swayze File
Favorite movie: "Red Dawn".
Favorite character: Dalton from Roadhouse.
Favorite line from a Swayze movie: "I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead."
Funniest line from a Swayze movie: "I am an EFF-BEE-EYE Agent!"
Guiltiest Pleasure Youngblood Not many hockey movies, but this one is enjoyable.

No comments: