Thursday, May 21, 2009

70s One Hit Wonder

I know Vh1 would never do it because it is too old to be nostalgic for their target demographics, but I love one hit wonders of the 70s. The disco one hit wonders are OK, but the pop rock one hit wonders are amazing. I heard one today and thought, phuck it, I'll post the lyrics. Yup, the guy could only write two verses, so he copied the 2nd verse again so he could get to the magic 3:30 mark for AM radio. If I can find the promotional video he shot for the song, I will post as well...

"Cruel to be Kind"

Oh, I can't take another heartache,
Though you say you're my friend, I'm at my wits' end!
You say you're love is bona fide,
But that don't coincide with the things that you do
And when I ask you to be nice, you say
You've gotta be
Cruel to be kind in the right measure,
Cruel to be kind it's a very good sign,
Cruel to be kind means that I love you,
Baby, you've gotta be cruel to be kind.

Well I do my best to understand dear,
But you still mystify, and I want to know why.
I pick myself up off the ground
To have you knock me back down again and again!
And when I ask you to explain, you say
You've gotta be
Cruel to be kind in the right measure,
Cruel to be kind it's a very good sign,
Cruel to be kind means that I love you,
Baby, you've gotta be cruel to be kind.

Well I do my best to understand dear,
But you still mystify, and I want to know why.
I pick myself up off the ground
To have you knock me back down again and again!
And when I ask you to explain, you say
You've gotta be
Cruel to be kind in the right measure,
Cruel to be kind it's a very good sign,
Cruel to be kind means that I love you,
Baby, you've gotta be cruel to be kind...

No comments: