Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Other Shoe Never Dropped

My entire year, my friends and I held our breath. We kept waiting for it. We knew it would happen at Ramadan, then New Year's Eve, then the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. It did not come. "Well, they are being patient, taking the long view and planning something big". That was my thought for the first couple years. Then they arrested these guys in their sleep, in huts, in random slums in Pakistan and performed undercover ops to bust people trying to supply the bad guys. Then a couple years became a few, then five, and now seven years have passed. I have not agreed with everything that has gone down, but that rarely happens in anything. Today I say "Thank you" to the men and women of our Armed Forces, FBI, CIA, and yes, the dynamic & hard-ass duo of President Bush and Vice President Cheney. They have a few more months, and then they hand off the reins to someone new, having (so far) held up their end of the bargain when they said "not on our watch".

1 comment:

penguin said...

i will never forget your play by play of football games in your fake arabic.