Monday, March 03, 2008

President Bush, Hidden Comedic Genius

This article discusses the Red Sox's White House visit in celebration of their 2007 World Series victory. The two items that stick out in my mind are 1. Manny Ramirez decided not to show up, again, and 2. President Bush was pretty funny with his jokes. I usually comment on President Bush being slow, dumb, and a bit wooden at events. After viewing his 2004 campaign trail town hall meetings, some random moments and then this little meeting, I have to give him proper respect for his comedic timing and ability to make fun of himself (we both have trouble answering questions in English). In this visit, he shows knowledge of the player's quirks and makes fun of himself in the process. My personal favorite Bush joke during his time in office was when he was asked to comment on the Bill Clinton 800+ page memoir. Bush replied that his would not be that long, and he would make it a pop up book. That is a brilliant, self deprecating joke. Kudos to you W.

My favorite dumb Bush quote is...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."

The leader of the free world.

No comments: