Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Favorite Fighter Pilots

My favorite pilots growing up....

Goose! The ultimate copilot. This guy was a good RIO and still found time to bampchickabompbommmmm with Meg Ryan. "Take me to bed or lose me forever" "Show me the way darling!" His tragic end in Top Gun still makes me misty. It's rather jarring no matter how much you may anticipate it. "Talk to me Goose..."

Snoopy. Seriously, the greatest dog to ever live in cartoon land. Phuck you Pluto, Odie and Goofy. This dog could drive a car, cook, mimic other animals, understand English & French, and to top it all off, had delusions and hallucinations of being a World War I fighter pilot. Most viewers probably think he is having a World War II flashback, but not, Charles Schultz went a step further and challenged you to learn about the Great War. Nothing was great about it, and it created more problems that it may have solved. Snoopy was a veteran of this war in his former lives, but did not free himself from his karmic bondage to the living Earth and reach enlightenment. Because of this, he was reincarnated as a dog, and had to suffer through Lucy's lame rants. If this is how you cope Snoopy, hang on Snoopy, Snoopy hang on (yes I know it's really Sloopy but go with it).

No comments: