Friday, August 24, 2007

Swimming and Sunsets

Last night, the wife and I went out to the pool for an hour or so. It was perfect weather with temps still in the 80s despite it being 7pm. The water was cold on first contact but felt great after a hot day. We stayed until the sun was setting, and honestly, it was a perfect end to the day. The sunset was reddish-orange, and with the clouds in the sky was one of those moments you want to paint because it looks "right".

When I was a kid, I had never seen a sunset over the ocean because I grew up ont he East Coast. When my folks took my sis and I down to Florida, we stayed on the Gulf Coast at Bonita Springs. Lots of old people, lots of sun, lots of shells in the water. One evening after dinner, my folks walked out on the beach with my sister and I, dragging my grandparents who had already seen enough sunsets during their 2 months down there. We sat down for about 30 mins and watched the sunset. I can probably recall a dozen memories from that trip vividly, and that sunset would be number 1.

My sister puking at Epcot Center at the 360 degree film at the Canada exhibit would be number 2.

No comments: