Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Uzis

Once I move to a non-pansy state, I'm picking me up an Uzi. You never know when zombies are going to start walking the Earth, and what better weapon to mow zombies down than an Uzi. It has a fantastic name as well, Uzi. It just sounds like it wrecks stuff up. Designed by Uziel Gale, it was created at the request of the Israeli government for a compact, lightweight, powerful gunt hat would not gum up or jam in the deserts of the Middle East.

There's no reason to have an Uzi unless you were a member of the armed forces or a police SWAT unit. Some criminals would desire them for the automatic fire and small size in relation to other automatic weapons. It is entirely possible that people did not ever think to own an Uzi until the government put the ban on assault weapons and included Uzis. That ban has since been lifted.

Now that I think of it, why bother with an Uzi when I can buy an Ak-47 now? From everything I have heard, the AK has greater accuracy and allows the user greater control. I have a friend who has test fired both, and he highly recommended the AK-47. The AR-15 is a nice gun for our boys in the Army, but it just does not match the AK-47's design and ease of use. The AK-47 has spread much faster in use than the AR-15, and that is because it is cheaper, easier to use, and has an outstanding name. I just found an Ak online for under $400. I'd rather just get a pump action shotgun, but I have a feeling my father in law might give me one. My father in law says I should take a gun safety class, and you know what, that's a great idea. Hmmm, maybe I could get him an AK for christmas.....

No comments: