Monday, June 12, 2006

random thoughts

My favorite pitcher in the MLB is having a fantastic season, a rebirth if you will. If he can crack 20 wins this year and end up over 300, he's in the Hall. Hall pitchers of this era are Clemens, Randy Johnson, Maddux, Pedro..... maybe Glavine and Mussina.

I watched the director's cut of Nixon. Typical Oliver Stone, semi-real biopic where he makes the 'truth' as he sees fit. It was entertaining and the acting was very good. Nixon's the closest thing to a rock star that we ever had as president. I don't mean "coolness", no way, but the meteoric rise (war veteran, the House, the Senate, then the VP slot by age 47) and fall ('60 prez election and '62 Cali GOV election losses)... then a comeback ('68 victory), a peak ('72 landslide), and then a tragic end (resignation). Oddly enough, his career was very similar to Elvis', even the timeline (the pic).

whatever happened to Cori Nadine? Seriously, half of my college friends had her as a wallpaper or screensaver.

I respect soccer, but I still can't get into it. I'll watch the World Cup '06, but I won't get fired up even if we win.

I bumped up my 401K contribution to near the max percentage. Since the market will probably do caaaaa-rappy for the next couple of years, it is not a bad time to invest more now. Remember it's money you won't touch for 30-40 years. Every dollar you put away before age 30 is worth putting $3 away after age 50. I check out this website from time to time with investing/trading.

Anyone know how to get a sleeping rythmn back? I can't get back into a sleeping groove. I'm using old Asian Indian relaxation routines to try to get to sleep.

I'm going to end this post with a link to one of my favorite girls of all time. I don't know who's the boss, and I don't care. She won't wear a bra in public, but she will wear her retainer.

I get married in 12 days.

No comments: