Tuesday, January 24, 2006

crossing fingers.....

.....that I don't get a sinus infection. I'm predisposed to sinus infections, and this cold has been nasty. I've been battling a cold for several days that has pretty much kept me breathless and sounding like Peter Lorre. Bad timing of the onset as the initial sore throat, I thought, had developed because I had to talk loud Friday night over an Irish band at a bar. Had I known Saturday that the sore throat I was feeling was the beginning of a cold, I could have gone into my cold limiting formula.

During the first three days of the first signs of a cold, take 1000MG of Vitamin C, 1 Vitamin A tablet and 1 Zinc tablet 3 times a day. Do this with a meal so that you don't boot, as the C and Zinc are rough on the stomach. It works like a charm.


I've finished reading the Belicheck book and the Michael Jordan both book by David Halberstam. He's an excellent writer, who tries to tell you the story of every person who enters the "stage" of the book so you know their motives and beliefs. I've now started Jared Diamon's "Guns, Germs and Steel". I've heard about this book for years, and saw the PBS special on the book and author. So far (100 pages) so good.

Let's hope I can make it to work tomorrow. I miss work. I never missed work at my old place.

No comments: