Friday, September 02, 2005

Labor Day weekend

Looks like a weekend of family and beach ahead of Melissa and me. My prayers are with the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast who have lost so much. I am glad to see a ton of help has come there way, and may the idiots shut up about the delay as there was a problem of major roads being underwater.

I still amazed that it took 4 days for the scene to degenerate into a Mad Max/Road Warrior environment. If 9/11 brought out the best in us, maybe this showed the worst. There is a very large difference in that 9/11 saw devastation to a dozen or so buildings, the deaths of 3000+/- people and the need for evacuation of others. This storm wiped away homes, entire communities and lives. The history of many families is wiped away. I am thinking of a story I read where the only thing a woman took from her home before evacuating was the urn holding her father's ashes.

No comments: