Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I have nothing to say that has not been said before about the Hurricane. This is a sad event as a city with nearly 350 years of history is wiped out. I am sad that I never got to see it in all its glory. Hopefully, we as a nation, can rebuild the city.

I find it interesting how fast things have devolved into a Mad Max-fend-for-yourself environment. Here is another article with more detail of the drama. I do not know what it is like to be that scared or desperate, but when they gave the warning to leave the city, I would have left the frickin city. There is no excuse for beating & raping random people or attacking policeman and National Guardsmen who are there to protect you and get you out of there on a bus.

This is a good time to remind everyone to make an emergency kit. Melissa and I will be doing this next weekend. I hope to pick up masks for filtering good air, a good flashlight, some D batteries for our radio, breakfast bars, 2 of the 5 gallon juggs of water, and other odds and ends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a Debt Consolidation site/blog. It pretty much covers Debt Consolidation related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)