Saturday, August 20, 2005

ever get the wrong "you look like..."

I love when you first meet people and they say you look like so and so. I especially love it when they say you look like an ugly, bad, or unpleasant person. When I was in college, I knew a dead ringer for Ben Stiller. He and I were friends but not close. Whenever I introduced him to people, they'd say "you look just like Ben Stiller". He took it as a complement for the first two years of school, but after a while found it lame and annoying. Plus, the more simian Stiller got,t he more angry Ross became. I feel bad for folks who are constant reminders of others to idiots who don't know better and cannot shut up. At least he did not look like Butthead from Beavis & Butthead like my friend Andrew.

My girlfriend reminds me of Julia Louis Dreyfuss in her younger days but with less frizzy hair; I like that look. Have I ever been the victim of the "you look like..." letdown? No. I do go for the missing, illegitimate Kennedy look. My girlfriend buys it, and that's good enough for me.

No comments: